The next few months events are as follows:
A delicious party tea in December and a delicious lunch in January – two special events coming up in the JACS programme for the next three months. The tea is on December 28, when we have our annual Chanukah party and the lunch is on January 18, to be followed by a topical discussion. Why not join us for one of these events? Contact Gay Moss to let her know you will be coming. Our programme for the next three months is:
- 14 December Weather expert Ian Currie on ‘The Day it Rained Crabs and Frogs’.
- 21 December Closed
- 28 December Chanukah Party – entertainment by magician Paul Cavendish, lighting the candles and a lovely tea.
- 4 January ‘Queen Marie of Romania’. Colin Parrish on the British born princess who would have been our queen if she had not turned down a proposal from the future King George V.
- 11 January Derek Scott on ‘Schmaltz and Champagne’ – the history of Viennese operetta.
- 18 January Lunch time meeting – a lovely meal followed by a topical discussion. (We meet at 1.00pm)
- 25 January Programme to be arranged away from the Synagogue which has a Holocaust Memorial programme for schools that week.
- 1 February Lawrence Smith tells us about his charity walk across the Pyrenees on behalf of Norwood.
- 8 February Film – ‘Going Down the Jewish East End’.
- 15 February Avril Halle paints a light-hearted picture of her career in the NHS, with ‘Radiography – an Insider’s View’.
- 22 February Nicholas Henderson on two of Henry VIII’s wives – Jane Seymour and Anne of Cleves.
- 1 March Maggs Latter on Seeing the the Funny Side of travelling and holidays
- 8 March Film – ‘The Eagles have Landed’
- 15 March Alan Gallop on ‘The Martians are Coming’
- 22 March Annual Meeting and Birthday Lunch
- 29 March Brian Nathan on ‘Irving Berlin & Tom Lehrer’