SHARING AND CARING TEAM
The Sharing and Caring team meets several times a year.
Our mission is to create a proactive programme, where our members feel cared for and linked to our community.
- To listen…..to each other and to others wiser than us
- To learn…..from Jewish texts and from each other
- To help….. in appropriate ways
- To share….in every way possible and to include local non-Jewish organisations in this work.
- To open our hearts and doors to others and to celebrate joyous news
- To work with the Reform Judaism and the many outstanding leaders in Social Care and Welfare to try to improve support for our members and the wider Jewish community.
- To support members experiencing a bereavement.
NWSS is very proud of their Sharing and Caring Seminars. We work with Jewish Care and JAMI (Jewish Association of Mentally Ill) to talk about dementia, depression and isolation. These seminars are a great starting point for people to learn more, not only about the issues discussed, but where and how to seek help.
The Share and Care Team welcomes new members. Please contact the synagogue Office and we will connect you with the appropriate person.